Saturday, April 23, 2011

Satisfied Sweet Tooth

           As I began my weight loss journey, I began to identify my stumbling points in eating.  Besides eating three times the portion size, I LOVE . . . sugar, sugar, and sugar!  Yes, I believe I have an addiction to sweets.  Chips and such are tasty, yep,  but hand me a pint of Haagen Daz Rum Raisin Ice-Cream and my eyes will roll back in my head - yummy!  Anyway, some time back, a friend of mine told me about a product that she found at the grocery store. Who doesn't enjoy a warm, gooey, fudgy brownie?  OK, don't know about you, but I could just eat the whole pan!  She told me about No Pudge fat-free brownies.  These brownies are made with a small container of non-fat yogurt - that's it!  When she first told me about the product, I told her that I didn't have high hopes and that they were probably horrible.  But, she kept challenging me to give them a try.  One day, while shopping at my local grocery store, I happened to see the pink box with a weight conscious pig on the front.  It was priced a bit more than the average brownie mix, but I decided to give it a try. The mix comes in 4 different flavors - original, cappuccino, raspberry, and mint.  I bought the cappuccino flavor along with a 6 ounce container of Yoplait vanilla, non-fat yogurt.  After getting home, I followed the directions for making a whole pan.  The brownie mix was very thick.  I placed them in the oven, and baked.  Key advice . . . DO NOT overcook these.  Actually, they are best if you slightly undercook them.  Basically, set your oven timer for less time than recommended.  After our dinner, I cut them into squares and served them to my family.  I never told them that they were "fat-free" as I knew that this would be a deal killer for them.  Upon the first bite, I experienced that "eyes rolling back" in my head sensation.  Everyone in the family loved them, without exception.  Since the first time I've purchased these, I've tried all but the mint flavor.  I really love the original and cappuccino.  The raspberry flavor was a bit overwhelming for me, but if you are a lover of raspberry, these will make your day!  So, if you are looking for something to bring to Easter dinner, give these brownies and try.  My best advice . . . don't tell anyone they are fat-free.  Just let them think they are eating a great, calorie filled brownie!!  What they don't know won't hurt them!  LOL

1 comment: